Friday, July 01, 2005

05-08...06-30-05: Follow the Screen Names I




Well…I’m not really sure where to start :P…it’s been quite a while I didn’t update my life…

…probably the most effective way is to tell the tale around my MSN screen name

My couple of first screen name I used during the passed month, if you can remember, have every thing to do with the word ‘ABARAT’…If I’m remember correctly they’re:

ABARAT: http://www.thebooksofabarat.com/content4/xbarat99.html, and

ABARAT: Days of Magic, Nights of War

ABARAT is the world that ‘where is when’…it has 25 islands, each island represents each time of day with the 25th island as the 25th hour…the time out of time…see how fascinating it is to be in Abarat ?…it’s one my favorite book…though only few people read it :)

The Abarat concept was sold to Disney. It’s expecting to be in the theater in year 2005-2006…

Anyway, both screen names demonstrated the fact that all I did during that time was reading the books I love…and did things I wish to do



In the heat of summer

Apart from reading Abarat book I and II, I finished preparing teaching material for P’Ae’s course, Post Harvest, it’s 78 pages long with more than 100 figures and graphs for demonstration…and almost finished the letter for each of my FT1 students I promised I’ll give to them months ago :P

Speaking of teaching, I feel excited and scare in the same time to go back to teach again…I hope it will be fun for me and the students…all I want is to give to them, the knowledge I waited for 7 years to learn …I wish for them to learn these in their BS, so they will know a lot more than me when I was 20

But I remember how much I hate sitting in the room and listen to the teacher…that’s the scary part…not for me…all I want is to give…it’s sad if someone didn’t receive what they should get :( …well, we’ll see how it goes…

So I spent most of the time before noon and after 8 pm preparing the material and, almost every afternoon, sitting outside near the Red Cedar River with Turk --- trying to read Abarat book II…, but ending up talk about every thing in life with him instead.

…it turned out we have a lot in common…it’s good to know there’re somebody as weird as you living in this world hahaha :)

Prang was away during those time, but I’ve always kept her posted :)…

Then I think I changed my screen name to something like:

Giraffe-P: …Someday we’ll know why I wasn’t meant for you...

well, there’s nothing much…just like the song…it’s ‘Someday we’ll know’…

I first heard it when I saw A Walk to Remember…and I like it at once :)

It represented the time when I lived my life the way I want…, but there’re some other things in my mind too, like – applying for Michigan driving license and getting start on my thesis…

Have you ever felt like you have an urge to do something necessary, but don’t know how to start or even scare to get started, ‘coz you have no idea how it’s gonna turn out or you have no idea how you are gonna do it

I call it, hibernating timethe time we need before start something new, the time we need to overcome things we don’t recognize – and that makes it scary – to begin new phase in our life

…I usually need 1-2 weeks before I feel confident enough to do something completely new to me, some people need a lot more time than that…and some need only 1-2 h to get ready to welcome new experiences

this time I stayed in this stage for almost a month !

…well, think about it, choosing Major supervisor meaning the potential PhD thesis topic – the field of science you will most likely to have to work with it for the rest of your life – how scary would that be ?

…but I have to tell you living with the doubt of how it will turn out is something more stressful

…yet, I lived like that all May.

No comments: