Friday, July 01, 2005

05-08...06-30-05: Follow the Screen Names II




finally, I contacted some professors (for the readers’ sake, I’ll keep the conversations to myself, it’s such a long story :P)

the day before my meeting with Dr.Rubino, I was so stress out, I had 6-7 meals hoping the food would calm me down…it’s work though :P

it turned out to be quite good beginning to me…there’re 3-4 projects available and all of them were fascinating !

there’s one with biodegradable pot, but since I have to get back to teach Food Technology, I don’t think it’s the project for me…another one was something about packaging system design for canola oil, it’s just didn’t feel right to me

so it came down to 2 projects, the one with active packaging system design for poultry meat and another one with co-permeation of organic compounds

the co-permeation thing was, for me, interesting – since nobody has done it before, and it will be easy to deal with, ‘coz there’s only permeation, solubility and diffusion stuff…that will require only a short period of time to get all these done

the poultry packaging one…well, let’s see what I need to do if I chose it:

Antimicrobial test of ClO2 gas on 5-6 pathogenic bacteria…I’ll need to be train to deal with pathogen (even though I have dealt with them both in BS and MS…it’s the US, people !) and have to pass the training to receive the certificate…, then the work can start :(


permeation, solubility and diffusion and other stuff of 3 types of packaging materials


packaging design…I’ll get the honor of using the newest software in packaging design…and, of course, I’ll need to be trained to use it


Shelf-life determination which include sensory evaluation (It’ll need to be approved from the ethic committee which require extensive paper work) and other stuff involve instrumental testing…and training

Biodegradability of the package after used

…it’s no comparable…., but if you want to do something, why do it the easy way ?

after all, packaging design, active packaging, biodegradable packaging, shelf-life determination…are things I wish I have a chance to learn

…now I can learn them all :)

…it will be tough…it will take such a long time…, but it will be fun :)

Like Elle character in Legally Blonde said in the last scene

On our very first day at Harvard a very wise professor quoted Aristotle... "the law is reason free from passion." Well...no offense to Aristotle, but in my three years at Harvard I have come to find that passion is a key ingredient to the study and practice of law...and of life. It is with passion, courage of conviction, and strong sense of self that we take our next steps into the world. Remembering that first impressions are not always correct, you must always have faith in people, and most importantly...you must always have faith in yourself. Congratulations class of 2004...we did it!

doing everything with passion seems to be the only way I want to live my life…

days after I told Dr.Rubino I was interested in working with her in poultry packaging project, I was assigned to help her writing proposal for fund application

…I got it done (at least for now) two days before my departure date…

it doesn’t matter how the application goes…I’m coming home :)





















Holland

During those working time though, I had change my screen name several time…and they’re all worth talking about…

Giraffe-P: ...As hard as the secret is uncovered, …It’s even harder to keep...

I got it form the show name ‘The closer’…it is about the CIA interrogator name Brenda… http://alt.tnt.tv/tntoriginals/closer/ …the show is amazing, but non of my friends here seem to like it :P

I tried to spent my last couple days here the way I want…

at 3 pm, on the grass, under the tree, near Red Cedar river, in the heat of summer

yes…I wish I could lay on the grass all days…thinking about things in life

Ever since I told people here, I wish one day I’ll have a Pug dog name Cha-ba, Turk always try to find way to turn it into some kind of educational joke like changing his screen name to include the anagram (he’s crazy about ‘DaVinci Code’) like :

Evil knight hijack tulip – Packaging MSU = A Smacking Pug

that’s when I need to do something about it…

Giraffe-P: ...A Smacking Pug = Cha-ba, the dog of my dream...:)

Giraffe-P: … - A pug ?...Hey ! don't refer to Cha-ba as 'smacking'...she's the dog of my dream !

555…who say maturity comes with age ?

My current screen name is:

Giraffe-P: …’Death is freedom, Life is a lesson’ – Jonny Kennedy - http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,7-1040286,00.html

It’s for Jonny Kennedy, I don’t know him, but I know a bit about how he lives his life…

Now I feel a bit sad, coming home means I have to leave here…and surely when I got back everything will not gonna be the same…people change all the time…I juts hope I still have my friends

I’ll leave you with this post from someone in qaftalk.com …it’s sad, but it’s ture…

…Just because you say you love someone and you'll be back, doesn't mean you'll be back in the same capacity. It's like when a friend moves away you say you'll keep in touch that you'll see each other all the time. But deep down you know it's over and you're grasping at straws at that point. Saying what you think the other person wants to hear in that moment….


With Prang, Mod and P'Oh (Captured by Turk)
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ploy,
I'm glad you posted your story again. Did you go to Holland, really?BTW, see you soon na ja.
Off