Tuesday, May 10, 2005

05-05+06+07-05: 1 Exam, 1 Convocation Ceremony, 1 hell of a Party and 1 Rotted Honeydew II



I woke up real early to wait for P’Oh’s phone call to tell me when and where she wants me, Prang, Mod and Turk to help with the moving.

11 am…and still no phone call from P’Oh…

the only thing I did during that time was talking to Turk via MSN…the man was in a very good mood (it’s his big day)…we started from he sending me pics which he took at PKG building yesterday (I asked for them ‘coz I wanted to make some memorable pics for him)…at the end of our 3 h picture transferring…I was quite sure he got most of the pics on my computer and vise versa…now he know what my students look like, how my mom dress when she cook and how chaos it is when we have a family party.

2:30 pm…and still no sign of P’Oh’s request for help…, so Prang told me to mind only my own business and get ready for convocation ceremony tonight

about 2:45 pm…P’Oh called and told me not to help even though she still has to move lots of big things and will take around 2-3 more driving from Owen Hall to Spartan village…though I got the silent message that she dying for me to tell her I’ll help her anyway…I said OK…I’m not gonna help.

I’ve been repeatedly asked P’Oh…when and how she’ll move out for weeks…and I called everyday for the last two days before her moving day and offered my help…even the morning of the moving day…and she said she still don’t have an exact plan…she told me she doesn’t think I need to be there to help her…, so I figured I’d better find something to eat and get dress ‘coz the ceremony start at 5 pm.

But I couldn’t help calling Turk and asked him to help P’Oh (he lives in Spartan village too…and his room was only 50 m from P’Oh’s)…that’s why he was almost an hour late from the photograph appointment at the ceremony :P

We got in the Breslin Center around 5:30 pm…and left Turk to continue his ceremony with his fellow MSc graduated student around 7 pm…I, Prang, Mod and P’Dung had dinner at P’Bim’s apartment

We waited for Turk ‘til 9:30 pm…and decided to go shopping at Meijer, then wait for him at P’Kerk’s apartment instead.

When we got to Meijer’s parking lot, Turk called and told us he’s just finished the ceremony and will join us after he had his quick dinner somewhere…alone…We told him to go straight to P’Kerk’s place ‘coz P’Bim brought food for him.

With his hungry face in mind, I, Mod and Prang did the quickest shopping in our life…we practically ran to every shelf and fridge our target items were in…

Imagine 3 very-well-dressed women running and shouting to pick up foods in grocery store :P…I totally understand if people thought we’re on drug or something close to that.

And I do think they thought so, ‘coz people were avoid to stand in our path every time we went to shelves and fridges for food items…:P

Turk was still in his gown when we arrived at P’Kerk’s place (Prang and Mod lived in the same floor with P’Kerk)

I was preparing food for Turk when others got change and pick-up alcohol stuff…he told me he was ‘broadcast’ his ceremony to his family in Thailand, so I asked him did that include the girl ‘M’…with his red cheeks, he smiled and told me we all have to get our priorities in place :)

We started the celebration around 11 pm…, after his first glass of something alcoholic, I lured Turk to did the fortune-telling thing…and both times the never-been-used playing card told us, his former girlfriend is probably in love with other guy

…I felt like I’s partly responsible for Turk’s straight-from-dusk-til-dawn drinking…’coz after saw the card, the man was deeply engaged in his drinking ‘til 5 am.

:(

during that time, I had 1 small glass of lemon cocktail (as everybody who knows me know that I don’t drink, gamble and dance…this one alcoholic drink meant I was totally give in with everybody) and spent most of the time reading ‘ABARAT’ on the carpet floor and talking on the couch.

While P’Bim and P’Dung were half drinking, half talking to Turk.

Mod and Prang were talking with me and P’Bim and sometimes felt asleep.

around 4 am, I, Prang and Mod went out for a walk around the apartment…the weather was so fresh…the moist from fog and chilling wind reminded me of the time I laid down on the road in the national park with my undergrad friends in the middle of the night and the time I walked or drove home with Off and others…It was a great feeling…

when we were back, Turk started to throw-up…and it continued ‘til I, Prang and Mod went to bed around 8 am

…I woke up on the carpet floor in Mod’s room…nobody’s there…the room was empty and quiet…I felt like I was in ‘Resident evil’ movie :P…

No comments: